COMMUNITY STUDIO RENTAL
WHAT DO YOU GET?
- Flexibility. Personal Attention. Time to Play.
- Shelf space to store your tools and your creations
- Four private lessons in your first month
- Unlimited studio play time
- A community of people who are also enjoying their creative outlet
- Supportive and knowledgeable staff
DO I NEED EXPERIENCE? No! Studio memberships are open to anyone, regardless of skill (or lack of skill) level. You can do monthly memberships with unlimited access or you can choose a studio punch card.
Why 1 Month Memberships?
Everything in life takes time. Art is no different. We want you to have the time to freely create without watching the clock. Feeling stressed and making art don’t go together very well. Also, the process of working with clay takes time.
YOUR FOUR LESSONS
- New studio members in their 1st month get 4 lessons free to get back into the swing of things. Lessons are optional for those with experience. Your lessons might look like this:
- Visit #1: Get started. Get to know the staff. You can work on the wheel or you can try handbuilding. No need to pick a track and stick with it. Try it all!
- Visit #2: If you threw on the wheel in your first visit, you’ll learn to trim them. If you were handbuilding, we’ll add to what was started last time and teach new techniques and tricks. You can come back the next day or the next week, just schedule in the time with your instructor.
- Visit #3: By now, you are getting comfortable in the studio and your pieces are probably ready for the first firing. We’ll talk you through this process and help you get new pieces started as those ones are drying.
- Visit #4: We’ll show you the basics of how to glaze and finish your work and you can continue to work in the studio on your schedule and on whatever you want. The wheels, the equipment, the people and the glazes are all there for you!
People who have never been a student or a studio member at Studio 550 before are required to go through a short orientation and quick lesson on equipment use before being given studio access. It lasts about 30 minutes. Please contact the studio with questions or to schedule your orientation.
Due to space restrictions, this studio membership only applies to those working in the clay studio. Materials, firing, and personal tools are a la carte. Please see the Student handbook for more details.