Date Night in the Pottery Studio is held both Friday and Saturday nights, either 6-7:30 or from 7:30-9PM! Pick your day, pick your time, and have fun!
Everything for a COUPLE is included with the listed price of $60 (materials, tools, instruction, etc.). We will guide you through a basic pottery lesson and then you will be set free on the wheel to make your own creations! One piece per person is included in the workshop, but if you make more pieces and you want to keep them, it is just $5 to keep each extra piece. The piece you make will be available for pick up three-four weeks after your date.
Usually walk-ins are fine, but we encourage you to call ahead to reserve a spot. We limit each session to 4 couples.
1) This is a hands-on wheel throwing experience. You will have your hands covered in clay. We have aprons on hand. It will wash out of your clothes, but please wear clothes you don’t mind getting clay on. We have bathrooms you can change in, if you need to be fancy before or after the workshop.
2) Those with long hair should tie it back too keep it from getting in the clay and away from the spinning potter’s wheel. Long fingernails also are a little troublesome, because they can gouge the clay as you are in the process of working on it. We wouldn’t recommend coming right after getting a fancy nail treatment.
3) We call it “Date Night”, but we don’t make it romantic or lovey dovey. It is basically a crash course on the pottery wheel, so you can come in with a friend, with your mom or dad, your teen, or a co-worker.
4) If you have a big group, feel free to contact us about scheduling a group party. We can possibly host the pottery class at another time for you (it just depends on the studio schedule and available teachers).
5) We already mentioned this above, but just to be clear, $60 covers a couple. It is NOT $60 per person.
Photo credit: “Ghost” Paramount Pictures.